Abdulmohsin Al Omran, Founder and CEO of The Family Office, is hosted by Mazen Nahawi, President of News Group, to discuss the main success factors for investors in their investment and wealth management journey. Abdulmohsin shared The Family Office investment philosophy as well as advice to investors on preserving and growing their wealth. Below are the highlights of the discussion:
- During his time with Goldman Sachs, Abdulmohsin realized that wealth management does not follow a random process, but it has a sound and clear basis. Unfortunately, investors in the region do not follow this approach and most are unaware how much returns they are achieving for the risks they are taking. This is mainly due to the absence of the right tools, a perk The Family Office offers to its clients.
- Abdulmohsin Al Omran considered that for an investor, contentment is priceless treasure. It is of paramount importance that an investor is content with the return on an investment with a specific level of risk. Investors must also look for professional investment companies that can give them access to high-quality assets.
- The Family Office has succeeded in providing the same level of service to a millionaire and a billionaire equally. Previously, exclusive top-tier investments were out of the reach for many investors, such as investing as little as $200,000 to $300,000 in a building under construction in New York. Today, thanks to The Family Office App, clients can assess their risk appetite, build a portfolio that meets their needs and invest in major international opportunities alongside top-tier partners.
- Abdulmohsin highlighted the difference between private equity and public equity in that non-publicly-traded companies are frequently valued below publicly traded ones. The Family Office continues to invest in private companies for many reasons, including the freedom of management to undertake fundamental change without worrying about its stock price in public markets. Historically, investments in private companies have outperformed public companies by 6% to 8% annually.
- The Family Office invests in growing sectors such as content, technology, real estate and consumer goods. We strive to ensure that our clients’ portfolios include 30 to 50 investments diversified over sectors and geographies to preserve wealth.
- Around $700 billion of wealth is deposited in current accounts in Swiss banks. Consequently, Petiole Asset Management AG, our investment arm, has acquired the highest license for asset management, wealth management and advisory from FINMA, the Swiss market regulator. This license aims to serve these investors.
- The company will continue to work, in the upcoming two years, on its digital platform which allows investors to broaden their investment horizons by allowing them more control over their investments and full transparency on performance.
- Abdulmohsin concluded by saying: wealth, whether inherited or created, is a responsibility entrusted to you, and you must preserve it for your children and grandchildren by making the right decision and working with reliable and professional companies.
Watch the full interview above.
This presentation is provided to you by The Family Office Co. BSC(c) (“The Family Office”) for informational purposes only, and contains proprietary information that may not be reproduced, distributed to, or used by, any third parties without The Family Office’s prior written consent.
All information, figures, calculations, graphs and other numerical representations appearing in this presentation have not been audited and may be subject to change over time. Furthermore, certain valuations (including valuations of investments) appearing in this presentation are subject to change as they may be based on either estimates or historical figures that do not reflect the latest valuation. Although all information and opinions expressed in this presentation were obtained from sources believed to be reliable and in good faith, no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to their accuracy or completeness. The information contained herein is not a substitute for a thorough due diligence investigation. Past performance is not indicative of and does not guarantee future performance. Exit timelines, prices and related projections are estimates only, and exits could happen sooner or later than expected, or at a higher or lower valuation than expected, and are conditional, among other things, on certain assumptions and future performance relating to the financial and operational health of each business and macroeconomic conditions.
The Family Office makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to any statistics or historical or current financial data, whether created by The Family Office through its own research or quoted from other sources. With respect to any such statistics or data delivered or made available by or on behalf of The Family Office, it is acknowledged that (a) the investor takes full responsibility for making its own evaluation of the materiality of the information and the integrity of the quoted source and (b) the investor has no claim against The Family Office.
Amounts in currencies other than the US Dollar are translated using prevailing market rates as calculated by The Family Office or its service providers and may differ from the rates used by banks. The rates are indicative only and do not reflect the rates at which The Family Office would be prepared to enter into any transactions with other parties.
Certain information contained in this presentation constitutes “forward looking statements,” which can be identified by the use of words such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “project,” “plans,” “estimates,” “intend,” “continue,” or “believe,” or the negatives thereof or other variations thereon or comparable terminology. To the extent this presentation contains any forecasts, projections, goals, plans and other forward looking statements, such forward looking statements are inherently subject to, known and unknown, significant business, economic, competitive, regulatory and other risks, contingencies and uncertainties, most of which are difficult to predict and many of which are beyond The Family Office’s control and may cause actual performance, financial results and other projections in the future to differ materially from any projections of future performance, results or achievements expressed or implied by such forward looking statements. Investors should not place undue reliance on these forward looking statements. The Family Office undertakes no obligation to update any forward looking statements to conform to actual results or changes in The Family Office’s expectations, unless required by applicable law.
The Family Office makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to any financial projection or forecast With respect to any such projection or forecast delivered or made available by or on behalf of The Family office, it is acknowledged that (a) there are uncertainties inherent in attempting to make such projections and forecasts, (b) the investor is familiar with such uncertainties, (c) the investor takes full responsibility for making its own evaluation of the adequacy and accuracy of all such projections and forecasts so furnished to it and (d) the investor has no claim against The Family Office.
In addition, this presentation does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation to buy, any instrument or other financial product, nor does it amount to a commitment by The Family Office to make such an offer at present or an indication of The Family Office’s willingness to make such an offer in the future.
The Family Office is a Category 1 Investment Firm regulated by the Central Bank of Bahrain C.R.No.53871 dated 21/6/2004. Paid Up Capital: US$10,000,000. The Family Office only offers products and services to ‘accredited investors’ as defined by the Central Bank of Bahrain.