Here are highlights of the outlook for 2022:
- The recovery was kick-started in 2021 by unprecedented monetary stimulus that was four times larger than that during the Global Financial Crisis.
- Recovery will continue into 2022, but clouds still dot the horizon, such as new variants and high inflation.
- While growth may moderate, the macroeconomic picture remains healthy.
- Public market returns should compress heading into the moderating growth phase of the cycle.
- Private markets offer better risk-adjusted opportunities than public markets.